Friday, July 30, 2010
- should generally wear dark colors on the bottom.
- Don't wear a blouse, vest or jacket that stops at exactly hip level.
- Aim for mid thigh or experiment with short waist length tops if you're not too self conscious about your Hips.
- Show off you waistline with wide belts and wear blouses with lots of interest like square, cowl or bateau necklines or if you're the romantic type poet shirts or blouses with ruffled collars or broad stripes and bold geometric prints if your more dramatic. (This will take the focus away from your bottom.)
- Wide leg pants will camouflage wide hips, Stay away from tapered pants, leggings and clingy skirts. absolutely no pencil skirts or skinny jeans.
- You can wear Strapless dresses and camisoles well . and like the hour glass you look great in a wrap dress too.
- skirts should be A-line or flared at the hem.
The Diamond body type has narrow shoulders. Most of the weight is concentrated around the midriff and the waist isn’t defined. You might have love handles too. The upper and lower bodies are considerably smaller than the middle region.
- Have open necks that create a deep v towards your waist.
- Define your shoulders, belt at the waist, then taper out at the hips.
- Show off the thinnest part of your arm, such as three-quarter-length sleeves.
- When wearing a jacket, Define your shoulders, belt at the waist, then taper out at the hips
- looking at pants and jeans, look for a subtle boot cut or straight legs to balance out your hips.
- A medium rise that hits just above your hips
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Today shape is the Triangle shape: If you are a Triangle you have a larger top half than bottom half, which is the reverse of the Pear shape. Triangles have broad shoulders with proportionally narrow hips.
Tips How to Dress Your Shape
- Add weight to your hips with flared or A-line dresses and skirts. You need to draw attention downwards so wear brighter, thicker fabrics on your bottom half. Create the illusion of larger hips with pockets, buttons or other details.
- By contrast, keep details to a minimum on jackets and tops. Shawl collars will flatter the line of your shoulders, and jackets that flare at the hem will give your silhouette balance.
- Hipster jeans will enhanced your waistline, and boot-cut trousers will widen the lower leg. That will stop you from looking top heavy.
- Wear fitted tops with deep round or V necks to break up your shoulder line. Keep the look simple and understated, and avoid bulky accessories such as thick scarves and heavy jewelry.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Today shape is the apple shape: People who have and apple shape have a round profiled. They carries her weight in there stomach and bust area. Also tend to have thinner arms and legs.
TIps How to dress
- You should wear dresses that fall softly from the bust and have a flared hem to balance out your curves. Dresses and skirts should be knee length to show off your legs.
- Wear tailored jackets with flare and a simple fastening.
- Trousers should be wide leg or flared to balance out the width around your centre. Flat-fronted, side-fastening trousers will minimized unnecessary bulk.
- Your slimmest point is just under the bust so wear tops that are tighter here and skim your stomach.
Well my plus sized ladies, I am doing a series called: What's Your Shape?. I will do a post everyday of a a different body shape. I will give some tips on how to dress your shape. I hope this helps you ladies out.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Well this year was my first time wearing a swimsuit. I always had these excuses to not wear one. You know what they are ladies. I need to lose some weight before I can put one on, I want find one in my sized, People gonna laugh at me. I can go on for while with all our thoughts and feelings. Then something hit me one day. "what if i never lose the weight and all other problems I have about wearing a swimsuit. So I was like what the hell, I am going to get me a cute, sexy swim suite and be happy with my body. The body that god gave me.
I am a plus sized diva on a budget. My favorite place to shop is having a a major sale. Torrid is having a sale of 50% off already marked down clearance items, so you're saving up to 85%!! So go to a store of shop online. Hope you find some fabulous items, i know i will.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010