D.I.Y: Cork Jewelry Board
So lately I been really wanting to find another way to display and store my necklace. They are hanging on an old bulletin board, that i have. It works but, just not cute, or go with my room. So I been reading and watching YT videos, about making a picture frame jewelry holder. So I thought, what if i cover my bulletin with some fabric. So today I went to JoAnn's fabric and got some supplies. It wasn't to hard, and didn't take long. I thing it came out pretty good. Just didn't get the boarder straight as I wanted too. This will work until I can find a big picture frame or get a jewelry case.
Old Bulletin Board
Fabric: Enough to cover the board.
- layout your fabric and place bulletin board face down. (should see the back of the board)
- Cut fabric if need. Should have unleash /2 fabric boarder. So you can staple it to the board.
- Start stapling fabric to the board. Start on the bottom.
- Then go to the top and stapling that as well, while stapling pull fabric tight.
- Repeat step 4, for the sides.
- Now that the fabric is on and staple, time for the trim.
- Cut 4 pieces of ribbon for the top, bottom and sides.
- Place some fabric glue to the edges of the board and place the ribbon around the board.
- Let the board sit for 30 min, while glue dries.
- Your Done, now hang and put jewelry back on the board.
|This is my board before, putting fabric on it|
|After taking all my jewelry off|
|Finale look: After putting the fabric and ribbon on|